On October 7, 2022
Meet, Sierra, our content strategist. If you work with High-Proof Creative on social media, you may work with this Pacific Northwest native. Sierra has lived in the PNW her entire life and has her roots deep in the craft beverage industry.
Background & Experience
- Worked in the service industry since the age of fourteen
- Worked with many clients in the food, drink, and spirits industry
- Managed multiple bars and breweries around the Portland area
- Brewed an Orange Wheat beer as an entry in the 2019 Oregon Brewer’s Festival
- Immersed in food and beverage-focused solo traveling in 20+ countries around the world
- Level One Cicerone Certified
- B.A. in Creative Writing and International Studies
Favorite Beverages Right Now
- Brettanomyces Saisons
- Cyro-Hopped Beers
- Local Portland spirits (Stillweather Gin or 40 Acres Rye Whiskey)
- Grew up in the San Juan Islands in Washington.
- Consequently, was minutes away from being born on a ferry boat.
- Constantly: reading, writing poetry, watercolor painting, playing tennis, preserving dried flowers in resin
Weird Fun Facts
- Owns a vintage pink Royal typewriter that her grandmother used as a stenographer for the Navy in the 1950s – and uses it all the time
- Moved to Portland to be closer to beer